Our customers use FluidFlow to:
- Model and analyse steam condensate systems.
- Design & troubleshoot geothermal plant.
- Recover waste heat.
- Design and troubleshoot cryogenic plant.
- Model Rocket propulsion systems (Nasa).
- Design petrochemical and chemical plants.
- Monitor steam quality.
FluidFlow is used by engineers to:
- Automatically size pipes, boosters, control valves, relief devices (ISO & API), orifice plates and nozzles.
- Conduct thermal heat transfer analysis for pipelines.
- Analyse heat exchanger performance.
- Evaluate vendor booster performance identifying energy saving opportunities.
- Study plant performance & determine fluid physical properties throughout your entire system.
- FluidFlow is provided with a database of two phase fluids, boosters, insulation and equipment. You can also add your own.
- Simulate variable speed boosters.
- Evaluate impeller trimming.
- Composite booster curves (Series and Parallel).
- Economic pipe and duct sizing.
- Booster power usage.
- Heat transfer.
- Highly accurate results developed using a “marching” solution algorithm.
- System design solution using real gas conditions for gas phase.
London Marine Consultants (LMC) specialises in the design of external turret mooring systems for FPSOs, FSRUs and FSOs. FluidFlow was used during the engineering phase of different projects to ensure that the turret’s complex swivel system and its surrounding pipe network were the most adequate and met all of the client’s requirements (i.e. pipe size, pressure drop, velocity etc).
FluidFlow was the perfect software for this job:
- We had a powerful tool that allowed us to model a system as complex as a swivel and optimize its surrounding pipe network,
- The interface is user friendly and yet very accurate (large database, various correlations can be used, modelling of multiphase flow, results can be exported and treated in Excel)
- And finally the FluidFlow team is very knowledgeable and always prompt to respond whenever needed.
— Stéphie Thoni, London Marine, UK.