Our customers use FluidFlow to:
- Model shell & tube and plate heat exchangers.
- Consider effect of insulation on pipelines.
- Perform buried pipe heat transfer calculations.
- Evaluate adiabatic compression at boosters.
- Consider Joule-Thomson (J-T) effect in gas systems.
Engineers can choose from a range of heat transfer options:
- Buried pipe calculations.
- Pipe heat loss/gain calculation.
- Fixed heat transfer rate.
- Fixed temperature change.
- Ignore heat loss/gain.
- Outside Surface temperature calculated.
- Heat energy transfer calculated.
- Overall heat transfer coefficient calculated.
- Fluid temperature changes calculated.
- FluidFlow is provided with a database of thermal conductivity values for pipe materials, coatings, insulation and soil types. You can also add new data.
- Track changes in fluid phase state arising from heat transfer.
- Buried pipe heat transfer.
“Building the network in FluidFlow was easy and fast. The interface visualizes the connections of the facilities to the header and the specifications (pressure, temperature and quality)can managed. For the specification of condensate/steam, we asked for assistance from the FluidFlow service team. They have been very helpful in explaining how FluidFlow needs to be specified with the right settings to model a condensate/steam mixture. Within the same day we had an answer which helped us further in performing the calculations. As a result, we have been able to help our client in selecting the right sizes for the new pipelines from the two new facilities to the header.”
— Sergei van Wijngaarden, KH Engineering, Netherlands.
Download Product Overview