Our customers use FluidFlow to design
- Mine tailings systems.
- Paste backfill plant.
- Cross-country slurry pipelines.
- Metal concentrate processing.
- Hydro transport of ores and minerals.
- Dredging and waste water systems
- Food process non-Newtonian pipe flows.
- Pulp & paper process plant.
FluidFlow is used by engineers to:
- Automatically size pipes, pumps, control valves, relief devices (ISO & API), orifice plates and nozzles.
- Predict particle deposition velocities.
- Prevent likelihood of pipe blockage.
- Evaluate vendor pump performance identifying energy saving opportunities.
- Study plant performance & determine slurry physical properties throughout entire system.
- Identify cause of operational issues with existing plant and evaluate solutions.
- Develop EGL/HGL graph plots to help evaluate performance of pumps installed in series in long distance distribution lines
- FluidFlow is provided with a database of fluids, pumps and equipment. You can also add your own data.
- Solids derating.
- Pump power usage.
- Simulate variable speed pumps.
- Evaluate impeller trimming.
- Determine solids delivered in settling slurry systems.
“Over the past 4 years, our office has used FluidFlow to design both simple and complex fluid systems for the mining industry. Compared to spreadsheet based calculations, FluidFlow allows us to more quickly develop complex fluid networks from concept to detailed design. For projects shared between offices, the visual software interface and calculation outputs streamline the peer review process.
The technical support from Flite Software NI Ltd has been excellent. We consistently receive near immediate responses from the FluidFlow team for technical questions ranging from model setup to licensing issues.”
— Thomas Choi, Worley Parsons, Sudbury, Canada.
Download Product Overview