FluidFlow is used by engineers to:
- Automatically size pipes, ducts, fans, compressors, control valves, safety relief devices, orifice plates and nozzles.
- Study plant performance & determine gas physical properties throughout entire system.
- Conduct thermal heat transfer analysis for pipes and ducts.
- Evaluate vendor fan and compressor performance and identify energy saving opportunities.
- Analyse heat exchanger performance.
- Identify cause of operational issues with existing plant and evaluate solutions.
- Automatically detect choked flow conditions.
- Highly accurate results developed using a “marching” solution algorithm.
- Comprehensive fluid and component database, as standard.
- Quickly and easily add fluids and components to master database.
- System design solution using real gas conditions.
- Create gas mixtures (by mole or mass %).
- Composite fan curves (Series and Parallel).
- Evaluate impeller trimming.
- Simulate variable speed fans.
Our customers use FluidFlow to model:
- Natural gas transmission pipelines.
- Steam distribution systems.
- Natural gas supply feeds.
- Dilute dust extraction.
- Nitrogen systems
- Ammonia gas injection.
- Gas collection and distribution systems.
“MAN Diesel & Turbo’s activities in the power plant sector are based on a well-established range of diesel engines and a rapidly growing gas engine offering. The products range from small emergency power generators to turnkey power plants with outputs of up to 400 MW. We use the liquid, gas, and twophase modules of FluidFlow and make extensive use of its simulation capabilities for engineering sub systems as fuel gas lines or cooling water pressure systems, including for the development of new systems. Before we bought we carried out extensive product research and chose FluidFlow because of its completeness and value for money. We have had to make occasional technical support calls and have been impressed by the responsiveness. We have found Flite Software to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful, really excellent.”
— Norman Kurth, MAN Diesel & Turbo, Germany.
Download Product Overview