Our customers use FluidFlow to design:
- Natural gas transmission & distribution pipelines.
- Steam distribution systems.
- Compressed air systems.
- Chemical process plant.
- Dilute dust extraction.
- Flue gas systems.
FluidFlow is used by engineers to:
- Automatically size pipes, ducts, fans, compressors, control valves, relief devices (ISO & API), orifice plates and nozzles.
- Conduct thermal heat transfer analysis for pipes and ducts.
- Analyse heat exchanger performance.
- Evaluate vendor fan and compressor performance identifying energy saving opportunities.
- Study plant performance & determine gas physical properties throughout entire system.
- Identify cause of operational issues with existing plant and evaluate solutions.
- Automatically detect choked flow conditions.
- FluidFlow is provided with a database of gases, fans, compressors, insulation and equipment. You can also add your own data.
- Simulate variable speed fans.
- Evaluate impeller trimming.
- Composite fan curves (Series and Parallel).
- Economic pipe and duct sizing.
- Fan power usage.
- Heat transfer.
- Highly accurate results developed using a “marching” solution algorithm.
- System design solution using real gas conditions.
- Create gas mixtures (by mole or mass %).
“MAN Diesel & Turbo’s activities in the power plant sector are based on a well-established range of diesel engines and a rapidly growing gas engine offering. The products range from small emergency power generators to turnkey power plants with outputs of up to 400 MW. We use the liquid, gas, and twophase modules of FluidFlow and make extensive use of its simulation capabilities for engineering sub systems as fuel gas lines or cooling water pressure systems, including for the development of new systems. Before we bought we carried out extensive product research and chose FluidFlow because of its completeness and value for money. We have had to make occasional technical support calls and have been impressed by the responsiveness. We have found Flite Software to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful, really excellent.”
— Norman Kurth, MAN Diesel & Turbo, Germany.