With version 3.31, we have really focused on empowering you to build your models faster. We’ve implemented unique, cutting edge tools that will not only reduce the time it takes you to build your model on the flowsheet – we’ll also do the design for you!
Automatic Pipe Sizing: In addition to the economic pipe sizing feature, designers can now specify a desired pressure gradient or nominal velocity for each pipe element in the model. FluidFlow will then calculate the pipe diameter required to achieve that design constraint
Automatic Equipment Sizing: We already have auto-sizing in place for safety relief valves and burst disks to both API & ISO standards for liquid, gas, steam and two-phase flow systems. Now FluidFlow can auto-size all your key equipment items. Pumps, compressors, fans, orifice plates, nozzles, venturi tubes, pressure and flow controllers can now all be sized automatically, saving you time and effort.
Automatic Flow Balancing with Orifice Plates: Orifice plates can now be sized based on design pressure loss or flow rates. No more iteration in your design as you adjust orifice diameter to achieve your desired flowrate – FluidFlow will do it all for you.
Flowsheet Improvements: Getting your flowsheet built quicker is key to efficient modelling. So we’ve changed our directional components. No more “red dot” to define the flow direction of a controller. Just drop the pump or controller on the flowsheet and FluidFlow will work it all out for you. You can now also hold down the CTRL key when adding a template to continue adding multiples of the same template.
Reporting Upgrades You can now view your flowsheet data report from directly within FluidFlow. No need to export to excel to look at the raw data. The report has its own dialog box, so you can put it on a separate screen, or have it side by side with your flowsheet. We’ve improved the print quality of our exports too, so your .pdf exports are now crystal clear.
- Ability to autosize the following equipment items: Pipes, Centrifugal Pumps, Compressors, Fans, PD Pumps, Pressure Reducers, Pressure Sustainers, Differential Pressure Controllers, Flow Controllers, Orifice Plates, Inline Nozzles, Venturi Tubes, Safety Relief Valves, and Bursting Disks.
- Added 2 additional pipe sizing criteria options: Pressure Gradient and a user-entered Velocity.
- No longer necessary to define the flow direction of pressure controllers.
- No longer necessary to define the flow direction of flow controllers.
- Hold down CTRL when Inserting a Template to continue insertion. Same logic applied to Paste.
- Components Bar (‘View | Components Bar’)
- New Data Report. Flowsheet Data/Data Report. (‘View | Flowsheet Data’)
- Improved Print and Export Quality.
- Integrated Joule-Thomson derivative into existing Equations of State and compressible flow calculations.
- Added JT Coefficient, slurry volume fractions for each component (4 component and Liu models) to results table, printouts, etc.
- Increased accuracy of calculation of Control Valve Cv and %Opening for gas systems.
- Added 2-phase loss correlations for control valves. Not covered by ISA guide. Used Parcol method.
- Default Folders for License, Data, Preferences, and Templates moved to “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Flite\FluidFlow” for NEW installations.